The Sutherland & Associates Team
The Sutherland & Associates team is a unique group of professional, intelligent and creative individuals. The majority of us are independent contractors, operating as sole proprietors. Select one of the names below for more information.
Molly Sutherland - President, Sutherland & Associates
For more than 30 years, Molly has been helping businesses create extraordinary results. Molly’s unique understanding of strategy, along with her penchant for bringing the right people together at the right time, has resulted in dynamic results time and again. Her commitment to developing “Partnerships for Success3sm.” has led to extensive experience in strategic planning, economic development, information technology, marketing and customer service throughout the United States as well as Europe and Asia.
Molly’s past successes include:
- Providing strategic planning, succession and legacy planning, leadership development, organizational alignment and workflow optimization for more than 250 organizations across the United States and abroad since she started Sutherland & Associates 12 years ago.
- Chief Operating Officer for a major CPA firm where she oversaw the growth and direction of the firm from 7th place to the #1 CPA firm in their space.
- Created and initiated a Business Service Center concept that was awarded #1 in the nation from JD Powers & Associates, mid-size business category for four consecutive years.
- Recipient of Executive MBA from Bellarmine University and recognition as a 2008 Bingham Fellow.
- Service on numerous boards of directors, including YMCA, Lean Manufacturing Network, KUE Federal Credit Union, Carroll County Hospital Board, past president of Carroll County Chamber of Commerce, and past President of the Lexington Forum Board of Directors.
- Professional development through active engagement with Vistage, the world’s largest professional association for CEOs and COOs, Enlightened Leadership, LEAN Manufacturing Leadership Institute, and the Economic Development Institute.
Currently, Molly is Chair of Bellarmine University’s Executive Advisory Board for the Rubel School of Business and Adjunct Professor with Bellarmine University in the MBA program teaching Entrepreneurial Strategy. She serves on the board for Women Leading Kentucky and Board Chair for KCEE (Kentucky Council for Economic Education).
Molly is married to Lee Sutherland and has two children. Molly resides in Lexington, Kentucky.
Megan Lincavage - Associate, Sutherland & Associates
Megan has been supplying outstanding client relations and operations management to both large and small businesses for 20 years. Her goal is to help clients execute their plans with the utmost efficiency and effectiveness. Megan does this through focused strategy, project management and team building. Through Sutherland & Associates “Partnerships for Success” Megan will help companies develop systems for success.
Megan specializes in collaborating with teams and individuals, challenging them as they move through operational and strategic planning processes to ensure practical, do-able approaches, designed to establish and reach their goals. She is extremely responsive and passionate about making her clients’ lives better through effective problem solving, planning and execution.
Megan’s past and current successes include:
• Degrees in Political Science and Philosophy from Iowa State University.
• Sat on the Board of Directors and served as the Director of Operations and Client Services for a large, Los Angeles based company. She worked with top decision-makers for both large corporations as well as independent family-owned businesses and franchisees.
• Project management success working with a variety of leadership styles and practices, collaborating with both in house staff and outsourced agencies.
• Development of systems to help companies and their staffs meet objectives, as well as training employees for success.
Megan and her husband Michael live in Lexington, Kentucky with their three sons Nicholas, Bryce and Gavin. In her free time, she enjoys running, yoga and reading.
Lynn Ashton - Associate, Sutherland & Associates
For over 35 years Lynn has been an Executive leader in the non-profit, governmental and corporate business sectors. With degrees in Philosophy and Social Sciences she has led organizations through transitional executions and provided operational oversight. These efforts have strengthened the organizations positions in the marketplace and provided a sound basis for their future.
Lynn is adept at analyzing and formulating plans that are workable and vision/mission driven.
The idea of having to make change can be a daunting and seemingly overwhelming task. Lynn has the expertise and ability to organize change into logical and forward-moving steps to “work the plan.”
–President and CEO of two major non-profits; one national in scope
–Vice President of Marketing and Development for a major governmental facility
–Vice President of Operations for a national privately held for-profit organization
- Vice President of the Board of the Kentucky Colonels
- Encore Louisville; a Leadership Louisville initiative
- Board member and Finance Board Chair for the Crusade for Children
- President Louisville Youth Choir
- Arts & Cultural Attractions Marketing Committee
- Chair, Agriculture Commitee GLI
- President Kentuckiana chapter of Meeting Planners International
- Committee member Kentucky Oral History Project
- Economic Development Institute
- Leadership Louisville
- Bingham Fellows ( twice)
Bill Kimbrell - President & CEO, Kimbrell & Associates, Inc.
Dr. M. Abbot Maginnis, Ph.D. - Partner, Sutherland & Associates
With more than twenty years of experience in workplace change initiatives, he is adept at facilitating organizations to overcome operational and cultural barriers, and driving improvement changes for quality, productivity and sustainability.
He has a proven record leading transformational projects in a wide range of industries – healthcare, professional services, food and chemical and manufacturing companies.
To produce high quality change initiatives, he and his team of experienced colleagues from the University offer a variety of expertise to their clients.
In addition to consulting, he:
• Instructs professional Lean Systems Certification courses
• Facilitates on-site improvement systems
• Is the primary contact for the Lean Systems Graduate Certificate and collaborates on the development of a Lean Healthcare Graduate Certificate program for the College of Public Health
• Volunteers to assist local area high school manufacturing learning programs
• Donates time to teach basic quality tools and methods to undergraduate and graduate students
His expertise includes:
• Systematic problem solving
• Process and Flow analysis
• Lean systems operation management
• Process standardization and stabilization
Dr. Maginnis is part of the consulting group of Sutherland & Associates. Maginnis@mfg.uky.edu
Sandy Ringer, PHR - President/CEO of Business Visions Consulting
Mitch Skaggs - President, The Alloway Group
- Mitch spent 30 years in various leadership functions at Valvoline, a $2 billion division of Ashland, Inc. His roles included:
- Valvoline Senior Leadership Team – Member for 11 years. This group reported to the president and was responsible for setting Valvoline’s global strategy and direction.
- VP Worldwide Operations and Supply Chain – Responsible for global manufacturing, distribution/logistics, purchasing, quality, engineering, customer service, third party manufacturers, EH&S, supply chain planning, and lube industry sales.
- VP International Product Strategy – Responsible for product line management of all international business. Responsible for supply chain design, implementation, and execution in all international emerging markets (Latin and South America, Eastern Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Asia).
- VP Business Transformation – Responsible for innovation of new products, services, start-up ventures, implementation/optimization of business processes, implementation of supply chain planning, and lube industry sales.
- Director Global Operations – Responsible for global manufacturing, distribution/logistics, engineering, quality, EH&S, and third party manufacturers.
- Plant Manager – Responsible for the Atlanta manufacturing and distribution site.
- Human Resources Manager – Responsible for all aspects of HR for US sales and operations.
- Supply Chain Manager – Responsible for global purchasing of raw materials.
Mitch is a graduate of the University of Kentucky and of the Ashland Executive Development Program at Indiana University Kelley School of Business.
He has been a member of :
- CSCMP – Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals
- NPRA – National Petroleum Refiners Assocation in which he was chair of the Lubricants and Waxes Committee
- KAM – Kentucky Assocation of Manufacturers in which he served as Board Member
- Team Georgia – Board Member
Jennifer Sumeracki - President, Sumo Design
Expertise within our team of “Associates” include: